Thank you for making our first summer symposium in 2018 a great success. We will put up information about our 2019 workshop in the near future.
Purpose: The camp is designed to give the string teacher an in-depth understanding of the pedagogy needed to be successful in the first few years of teaching orchestra.
Dates: To Be Announced
Where: The camp is located at Texas Wesleyan University in Forth Worth, Texas.
Schedule: Each day the camp begins at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm. There will be a lunch break each day.
Cost: Cost for the camp is $400 per person. This includes instruction, handouts, materials, and rental instruments for the week. Meals and lodging are not included.
Registration: To register, please complete the contact form and indicate you wish to register for the summer camp in the comments section. We will respond with registration details.
Topics: During the week we will cover the following topics in a meaningful and hands-on format.
- String pedagogy; instrument position, hand position, finger patterns, bow usage, vibrato, etc.
- String hacks; how to teach these skills to middle school and high school students
- Developing bowings for your players
- Appropriate string orchestra literature for various levels of ensembles
- Appropriate solo and ensemble literature for various levels of players
- String maintenance and repair; what should I do and what should I not do
- Teaching pedagogy; planning and instructing the string orchestra class
Share: Please share information about the camp to those who may be interested. You can use the buttons below.